Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time to be Vegetarian

I tend to eat like a vegetarian fairly often. It's not necessarily that I'm purposely trying to eat that way, but because I really like vegetables, am sometimes too lazy to prep and prepare meat dishes, and it's also healthy!


I really like tofu, but only when it's used/cooked correctly. I don't eat tofu when it's right out of the package... So I can see why some people have a bad impression of it since they've never had it prepared in a tasteful manner.

I didn't fry my own tofu, but bought prepackaged fried tofu puffs/balls (not exactly sure what they're called in English, haha) for this dish. This dish is really simple. I stir-fried the fried tofu, broccoli, and mushrooms with black bean garlic sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, and only about a teaspoon of sugar to balance the saltiness from the two sauces. To thicken the sauce, I added about a teaspoon of corn starch that was mixed with a bit of water beforehand. I served this simple but healthy dish over white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment