Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Caliente!

Hmmm...this post has nothing to do with Mexican food, BUT it does deal with spicy food!

Cajun food is something I don't get to enjoy that often since I currently do not live in a city that offers fresh seafood. We're in a desert I tell ya! I don't always trust the quality of some of the seafood that's shipped in. Thankfully, Austin offers some great seafood options, and one of those is French Quarter Grille.

Blackened catfish topped with crawfish etouffee

The restaurant has such a cute interior that's cozy and comfortable. It's not too expensive considering how much seafood you're getting in your entree. Though I went during lunch, so I'm not sure if there's a difference in prices between the lunch menu that I saw, and the dinner menu. I was worried that they would skimp on the seafood portion, but they definitely did not.

Blackened catfish topped with crawfish and shrimp gumbo

I was so full afterward that I didn't order dessert, but I really wanted to. They had a few different kinds of Creme Brulee (regular, chocolate, raspberry) and cheesecake. Other items I want to try off their menu in the future are their Fried Green Tomatoes and their Cajun Crawfish Cheesecake (I believe that's what it's called). It apparently is a special appetizer that is not listed on their menu, but has a lot of hype behind it. I overheard one of the waiters describing it to a nearby table when they were ordering. 

Don't be nervous that the words crawfish and cheesecake are together! Would you be brave and try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment