Sunday, October 30, 2011

"have one's cake and eat it too"

Sorry about all the posts only involving restaurant reviews in Austin. I promise I will start posting recipes again soon! I still have a few more posts from when I was in Austin since I've been back twice this month, once for a bridal shower, and the most recent was for my best friend's wedding!

Everyone that knew beforehand who was making the couple's wedding cake and the groom's cake were really excited, especially if they watched Cake Boss from TLC.

White Chocolate Champagne cake

Brian Stevens of Crazy Cakes made both the wedding cake and the groom's cake. Go check out his website, his gallery of cakes is AMAZING! Some of his cakes are so intricate that they don't even look like cakes, but more like sculptures. I was amazed when I saw both cakes in person.

Double Dark Chocolate Stout Beer cake

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to meet him when he delivered the cakes because I was busy helping to bride get ready, but his work says it all. The cakes were also really tasty, and both cakes were unique flavors. The wedding cake was a white chocolate champagne cake, and the groom's cake was a double dark chocolate stout beer cake. My favorite was definitely the groom's cake, it was very moist, rich, and smooth, and the flavors were perfect together!

I never thought I would be at a wedding with Darth Vader.

No comments:

Post a Comment