Monday, October 17, 2011

I Heart Queso

I've been insanely busy with traveling to Austin (for a bachelorette party) and preparing for a major presentation. Thankfully the presentation is done and over with! Sadly, I wish I was still in Austin. I lived in Austin for many years and a part of my heart will always be there. *sniffle* Okay, enough with the sappy stuff and onto the mouth-watering food!

The bride-to-be and I went to one of our favorite places to eat, Kerbey Lane Cafe. It has some of the best queso in town, awesome breakfast that is served all day/night, and many other great entrees ranging from Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken to Bison Picadillo Enchiladas to seasonal favorites like Pork Milanese and the Pesto di Pistachio Pasta.

Menu

I like Kerbey Lane because they always serve great tasting food anytime you're hungry (they're open 24 hours). Plus, I'm in love with their queso.

Cowboy Queso

The Cowboy Queso consists of black beans and guacamole drowned in white queso and topped with pico de gallo. I'm usually not a big fan of black beans, but this appetizer is surprisingly really good with the black beans.

I was having such a hard time deciding on what I wanted to eat that day because Kerbey Lane has such a variety in their menu. I ended up going with breakfast, which you can never go wrong with! I ordered the Breakfast Platter with chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and fried eggs over medium.

Breakfast Platter

We were both so full that we could hardly move, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment