Monday, October 3, 2011

Homemade Pizza

Pizza is probably one of the easiest things to make. I usually like to keep a frozen one from the store in my freezer at all times just for the occasions when I don't want to cook or prepare anything. Some of my favorites are California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Pizza and Freschetta's Simply Inspired Farmers Market Veggie.


When I don't have a prepared one from the stores and I'm trying to find an efficient way to use up some of the veggies left in my frig that are about to spoil soon, I make my own. I use Mama Mary's Thin and Crispy Crust from Walmart as the base. Then I spread a thin layer of pesto onto the crust before tomato sauce. I really like the mix of pesto and tomato sauce, it adds additional flavor to everything. Then you're set to layer the pizza with whatever you want! I used fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, green bell pepper, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, green olives with pimentos. I also really love pizza because it makes for good leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment