Saturday, January 7, 2012

Very Slow Pot Roast

For the days that I'm lazy, yet remember to plan ahead a bit (ie: remember to defrost some beef and possibly cut up some veggies).

It's time to bring out the slow cooker and put it to good use!

Keep in mind that I have a tiny slow cooker, so I'm just going to tell you what I put into it and not the specific amounts of each ingredient. Honestly, I really just put as much as I can into the slow cooker until I can't fit anymore, which is a bad idea because there should be some head space when using a slow cooker, just fyi. Y'all can learn from my mistakes!


I threw in some chopped onions at the bottom with the beef which has salt and pepper sprinkled on it. Then I added in cubed potatoes and carrots, some sliced fungus...I mean mushrooms, and then top it all off with cream of mushroom soup and a bit of water. That's it! I set it for about an hour at high, then reduced the temperature and let it cook for about 3-4 more hours. I didn't realize this but I always thought potatoes cooked slower than carrots...yeah, well that's WRONG. I wish I had known this and cooked the carrots with the onions first, then added in the beef and potatoes. It was still good, but I just had to be a bit more patient with the stubborn carrots.

I actually rarely use my slow cooker because I tend to forget how easy it is to use. I really need to remember that I have the darn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment