Sunday, January 8, 2012

Keeeesh?

Haha, I promise I know how to spell most of the time!

I was craving keesh...oh wait, I mean quiche, and decided to try and make one myself since I had an extra frozen pie crust in the freezer already. Yeah, I still haven't tried to make dough from scratch. I forgot to put that on my New Year's Resolutions to start practicing dough making. I need to do that.


Ingredients
4 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream (I think...if you follow my blog, you have probably noticed that I don't really measure things unless I'm baking desserts)
1/4 cup water (typically people use half and half instead of heavy cream, so I pretty much just thinned out the heavy cream with water)
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
2 slices of bacon, chopped
Broccoli, chopped (I used quite a lot)
Salt (I usually use about an 1/8 teaspoon?, I measure it out with my palm, per egg when I make scrambled eggs...so I added 4 of my palm sized portions into this)
Pepper to taste
1 frozen pie crust

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the eggs. Mix the heavy cream and water together, then add the cream mixture, salt, and pepper to the eggs and mix completely. Then add the rest of the ingredients. You can opt to crisp the bacon first before adding it to the mixture. I decided not to out of pure laziness, but I think I would've liked it better with crisp bacon. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for about 30-45 minutes until the center is almost set.

Even though I really don't measure things when cooking, this turned out pretty great. I assume it is just because quiche recipes in general are pretty forgiving, especially for the fact that they're so versatile and can have many different types of meats and/or vegetables added to them.

This tasty breakfast/brunch meal also keeps really well in the freezer. Make them beforehand, freeze, and then reheat them in the oven when you're ready to eat!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Think this will be a new addition to my breakfast recipes.

    ReplyDelete