Monday, September 26, 2011

Simplicity

I recently bought some chicken thighs at the grocery store that were on sale, $0.77 per pound! So the next two posts will consist of two different chicken dishes. I wanted something simple and easy to make, but still tasted like it took a lot of effort to prepare.


All I did was take some chicken thighs and generously sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning and extra black pepper all over the chicken. I opted to not add any extra oil to them because chicken thighs are the more fatty part of the chicken, and the skin was also still on it. I baked the chicken skin side up for about 30-40 mins at 375 degrees until the skin was a nice crispy golden brown. Since the extra fat should melt right off of the chicken as it's baking, I put the chicken on some foil with the edges turned up so that the foil catches any of the extra liquid. All of this is put on a cookie sheet so everything was easier to transfer in and out of the oven.

Since the chicken is a dark meat, I decided to serve it alongside some romaine lettuce with sun dried tomato vinaigrette to balance the fattiness of the dark meat and the lightness of the salad.


This meal tastes great the next day as well. I took some leftovers for lunch at work and it was really satisfying. I do recommend though that any time you pack a salad, to pack the salad separately from the dressing so it does not become soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment