Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Korean Inspired Chicken

My next chicken dish is completely different from my last post even though I'm using the same cut of chicken, the chicken thigh. This time around, there is a longer wait time since I used a marinade for the chicken. I used a Korean BBQ Kalbi Marinade, typically used for pork short ribs. The chicken was marinaded in this sauce overnight before baking. The chicken was baked for about 45 mins at 350 degrees, with flipping the chicken halfway through.


Alongside the chicken, I made some steamed white rice and stir-fried veggies. The zucchini and baby bella mushrooms were seasoned with just salt and pepper and stir-fried in some olive oil. Simple, tasty, and healthy.


I also had a side of kimchi. The easiest comparison I can make is that kimchi is similar to pickles except it's more spicy than sour, and instead of using cucumber, the main ingredient is napa cabbage (chinese cabbage). The kimchi I had was napa cabbage that was pickled/fermented with ginger, green onions, garlic, salt, and chili pepper.

Two different brands of kimchi.

Here is the complete dish with the chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment