Thursday, June 28, 2012

Foil Promotes My Laziness

Many times when I come home after working in lab all day, all I want is something quick and easy for dinner...yet preferably not something I can get at a fast food drive through.

 
Here's my "efficient" and lazy dinner which was prepared by just wrapping everything in foil and popping it in the oven. I seasoned the tilapia with soy sauce, white wine, garlic, and green onion.


I kept the zucchini simple and just used some lemon pepper seasoning; and for the mushrooms I used about a half tablespoon of pre-made black bean and garlic sauce that's common in Asian cuisines.



I don't remember specifically how long the food was in the oven for, but since fish cooks really quickly...I assume all of my foil packets were in a preheated 350 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes. Also, keep in mind that if you're baking any kind of squash (like the zucchini that I have), make sure not to over bake it or it can become a soggy mess.    

Be careful when you open the foil packets, or you may end up with a too hot to handle facial!

No comments:

Post a Comment